Weblogic8.1 and Axis 1.2 (Final) :: NullPointerException
Kiran Kumar
2005-05-31 00:16:02 UTC
Hello, I wanted to use document style webservices so I moved to Axis 1.2 (Final). I built a simple webservice (RPC style) to see how Axis 1.2 works.. It did go well with Tomcat 4.1. I deployed the same war file in weblogic8.1 SP4. It was deployed successfully but when I try to call from the client it was giving the following error.

org.apache.axis.utils.XMLUtils - Failed to set EntityResolver to null on DocumentBuilder
java.lang.NullPointerException
at weblogic.xml.jaxp.ChainingEntityResolver.popEntityResolver(ChainingEntityResolver.java:61)
at weblogic.xml.jaxp.RegistryDocumentBuilder.setEntityResolver(RegistryDocumentBuilder.java:168)

I attached the detailed stack trace in the attached txt file. I did following thing to resolve this but could not get through this..

1. I kept the jar files saaj.jar, xercesImpl.jar, xml-apis.jar, jax-rpc.jar in the weblogic classpath before webservices.jar

Based on stack trace, apache.utils.XMLUtils is probably sending some XML which is not being able to get through the weblogic document builder.

If you guys have any idea please throw some light on this..

Thanks for your time
Kiran
Ph: 312 742 9630
Email: ***@objectwave.com <mailto:***@objectwave.com>

This e-mail, and any attachments thereto, is confidential and is intended only for the individual(s) named. If you are not the intended recipient, please let us know by e-mail reply and delete it from your system; do not copy/save this e-mail or disclose its contents to anyone. E-mail transmissions cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as the transmission could be interrupted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, altered, arrive late or contain viruses. ObjectWave does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this e-mail which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. The views expressed in this e-mail do not necessarily reflect those of ObjectWave or its affiliates.

Kiran Kumar
2005-05-31 12:33:01 UTC
Friends, I also tried to force weblogic to use xerces with the following VM argument, but I am still getting the same error. Please let me know if you have any thoughts.

-Djavax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory=org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl

Thanks ~Kiran

________________________________

Gautham Mulakala
2006-10-25 22:38:55 UTC
Hello Guys,

I am having the following problem in weblogic 8.1.3
Post by Kiran Kumar
org.apache.axis.utils.XMLUtils - Failed to set EntityResolver to null on DocumentBuilder
java.lang.NullPointerException
at weblogic.xml.jaxp.ChainingEntityResolver.popEntityResolver(
ChainingEntityResolver.java:61)
at weblogic.xml.jaxp.RegistryDocumentBuilder.setEntityResolver(
RegistryDocumentBuilder.java:168)
I attached the detailed stack trace in the attached txt file. I did
following thing to resolve this but could not get through this..
1. I kept the jar files saaj.jar, xercesImpl.jar, xml-apis.jar,
jax-rpc.jar in the weblogic classpath before webservices.jar
Based on stack trace, apache.utils.XMLUtils is probably sending some XML
which is not being able to get through the weblogic document builder.
If you guys have any idea please throw some light on this..
Thanks for your time in advance