Configuring connection properties axis 1.4 -
Narendran Sivakumar
2007-03-11 02:03:13 UTC
Hi
I have written a webservice client which makes call to the webservices and gets the response back.In that process we have to make multiple calls to get all the data.
We are using Https connection.
We want set the following properties
disablePrettyXML,
socket.timeout
connection.timeout
connection.stalecheck
connection-manager.timeout

How do I do that.We are using axis 1.4 and commons-httpclient-3.0.1.
I have tried that using org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient but it is of no use.
socket.timeout can be set in the stub properties also but we are trying to find alternate place where we can set this also.
Your resolution will be really helpful for us.
Thank You
Naren
Alick Buckley
2007-03-11 21:30:46 UTC
Use the static method setProperty on the AxisProperties class

org.apache.axis.AxisProperties.setProperty ( name, value ) ;

AxisDefault.properties

#
# axis.ClientConfigFile=axis-client-config.xml
# axis.ServerConfigFile=axis-server-config.xml
#
# axis.http.client.maximum.total.connections
# axis.http.client.maximum.connections.per.host
# axis.http.client.connection.pool.timeout
# axis.http.client.connection.default.so.timeout
# axis.http.client.connection.default.connection.timeout
# axis.socketFactory
# axis.socketSecureFactory
# axis.ServerFactory
# http.proxyHost
# http.proxyPort
# http.proxyUser
# http.proxyPassword
# http.nonProxyHosts
# https.proxyHost
# https.proxyPort
# https.proxyUser
# https.proxyPassword
# https.nonProxyHosts

private final static void setAxisProperties () throws IOException

{

File file = new File ( "AxisDefault.properties" ) ;

if ( !file.exists () )

{

return ;

}

Properties properties = new Properties () ;

FileInputStream inputStream = new FileInputStream ( file ) ;

properties.load ( inputStream ) ;

inputStream.close () ;

Enumeration enumeration = properties.propertyNames () ;

while ( enumeration.hasMoreElements () )

{

String name = (String)enumeration.nextElement () ;

String value = properties.getProperty ( name ) ;

<http://adworks.rediff.com/cgi-bin/AdWorks/click.cgi/www.rediff.com/signatur
e-home.htm/***@Middle5/1103692_1098031/1102907/1?PARTNER=3&OAS_QUERY=
null target=new> Sig_5million_6march07
Narendran Sivakumar
2007-03-12 18:08:51 UTC
Alice
Thanks for your reply.
I tried to do the same.
I did set the property for axis.http.client.connection.default.so.timeout
Then when i printed out the value for
org.apache.axis.client.Stub.getTimeout(), it is giving out a totally different value not the one which i have set axisproperty.
How do i override the value in stub.timeout by the value which i set in axis property.
Is it possible.
Is there any difference org.apache.axis.client.Stub.getTimeout() and the value which set in the axis.http.client.connection.default.so.timeout axisproperty

Thanks